ELENA N. ASPAROUHOVA
Welcome to my homepage! I am currently an assistant professor of Finance at the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah. I joined the department here after graduating from the Department of Social Sciences at Caltech. My interests are focused mainly in the areas of theoretical and experimental finance. Check out the University of Utah's own experimental cyber lab -- UULEEF. If you have any questions about my research or myself, please email me.
- Office Address:
University of Utah
David Eccles School of Business
1645 E. Campus Center Drive, Room KDGB 325
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
- Office: +(801) 587-3975
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Noisy Prices and Inference Regarding Returns, joint with H. Bessembinder and I. Kalcheva, forthcoming at The Journal of Finance.
- Liquidity Biases in Asset Pricing Tests, joint with Hank Bessembinder and Ivalina Kalcheva, Journal of Financial Economics, 96: 215-237, 2010.
- Inference from Streaks in Random Outcomes: Experimental
Evidence on Beliefs in Regime-Shifting and the Law of Small Numbers, joint with M. Hertzel and M. Lemmon, Management Science, 55: 1766-1782, 2009.
(Go to Behavioral Biases and Investor Behavior: Predicting the Next Step of a Random Walk (Revisited) for the more methodologically oriented version of the paper and the slides that go with it.)
- Modelling Price Pressure In Financial Markets, joint with P. Bossaerts, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 72: 119-130. 2009.
- Competition in Lending: Theory and Experiments, Review of Finance, 10:189-219, 2006.
- 2006 GSAM (Goldman Sachs Asset Management) Quant Prize for Best Paper published in the Review of Finance.
- Lead artitcle.
- Excess Demand And Equilibration In Multi-Security Financial Markets: The Empirical Evidence, joint with P. Bossaerts and C. Plott, Journal of Financial Markets, 6:1-21, 2003.
- Journal of Financial Markets Best Paper Award in 2003.
- Rank Estimators for a Transformation Model , joint with T. Asparouhov, R. Golanski, K. Kasprzyk, and R. Sherman, Econometric Theory, 18:1099-1120, 2002.
- Asset Pricing and Asymmetric Reasoning (formerly circulated as Cognitive Biases, Ambiguity Aversion and Asset Pricing
in Financial Markets), joint with P. Bossaerts, J. Eguia, and W. Zame.
Click here for the presentation slides.
Revise and resubmit at The Journal of Political Economy.
- Price Formation In Continuous
Double Auctions; With Implications For Finance, joint with P. Bossaerts and J. Ledyard.
and resubmit at Econometrica.
- Experiments on Asset Pricing under Delegated Portfolio Management , joint with P. Bossaerts, J. Copic, B. Cornell, J. Cvitanic, and D. Meloso.
- Market Bubbles and Crashes as an Expression of Tension between Social and Individual
Rationality: Experiments, joint with P. Bossaerts and A. Tran.
- Experiments with the Lucas Asset Pricing Model, joint with P. Bossaerts, N. Roy, and W. Zame.
- Dynamics in Markets with Adverse Selection.
Work in Progress:
- Payout Policy, Investor Rationality and Market Efficiency: Evidence from Laboratory Experiments, joint with M. Lemmon.
- Detecting Preferences for Sources of Uncertainty in Financial Market Experiments, joint with S.
H. Chew, S. Pevnitskaya, and J. Sagi.
- Public Goods Experiments in Bulgaria, joint with T. Palfrey.
Links and More:
The laboratories of experimental economics\finance at Utah and Caltech:
- University of Utah Laboratory For Experimental Economics and Finance, UULEEF
- Caltech Laboratory For Experimental Finance, CLEF
- Laboratory for Experimental Economics and Political Science , EEPS
- Caltech Social Science Experimental Laboratory, SSEL
Here are a couple of pictures from my home country Bulgaria. While living there might still be quite a challenge, going there as a tourist is lots of fun.
This page is maintained by Elena Asparouhova -- last updated
University of Utah